Tabula Rasa

'It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society - Krishnamurti'

Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Intake


For the past few months i've been harping and carrying on to a good extent. Making excuses. And my diet and exercise has gone to hell. There's no light way to put it. I can still fit into my clothes, but they've reached the point of being almost too uncomfortable. My one job is a death-trap when it comes to food. Any communal lunches that go on there have evolved into nothing short of a dessert buffet. Cheesecakes and pies and various petits fours and puddings. While my co-workers all live on fried chicken and potatoes at every lunch.

So that's enough of the whining and carping. For the past few days i've been exercising again and really paying attention to what i'm eating. More veggies, more lean meats and less chocolate and grains when i'm feeling sorry for myself. Already i can feel a difference. And the clothes feel a tiny bit not-so-tight. Far far fewer processed foods. And the old habit of snacking at the drive-through has been nipped in the bud. It's taking a self-discipline that i've not really put into practice. Master's not around to encourage me to eat right, it's up to me. And i know i'm not doing as good of a job as i used to, but i'm learning how to do it myself, not be watched over.

It's wonderful to know that the old tendency my body used to have of really responding to my efforts seems to still be around to a good extent.

shayla

2 Comments:

Blogger Jolynn said...

I know what you mean. It's hard work eating healthy. Especially when your busy and on the go. keep up the good work!

5/17/2007 09:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it is oh so easy to slide more easier to slide then stick to a diet. I have my mornings I don't even want to crawl out of bed. But I know my Master will beat me silly if I stay in bed. Its going to be a interesting year while he is in Iraq. I will have to do everything on my own without my Masters iron fist. I am going to have to work hard to motivate myself.

5/18/2007 12:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home