Tabula Rasa

'It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society - Krishnamurti'

Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th


Some people approach this day with dread. You know, bad luck, black cats, & assorted other superstitions that may/may not have any real merit. My former mother in law wouldn't even leave the house. Personally, i've always liked Friday the 13th's. They've always turned out really well.

Today was a perfect example. I got to work early, looked and felt good on the way there. It wasn't too busy, wasn't too slow. My co-workers & i had a laugh or two about various things. I was able to de-fuse two or three irritated callers, making a negative experience into a positive one. There were a number of tasks that i was able to get taken care of. I got paid (which is always nice).

And i also got pulled into the manager's office; one person in a succession of about a dozen. Maria's relatively new, & has been 'cleaning house', so to speak. In a very pro-active manner. so when it was my turn i thought it was just going to be some more fact-finding; what i thought of things, what i thought needed improved upon & so forth. The ladies before me walked in with worried faces, & then walked out with smiles & the cryptic phrase, 'you'll find out', when asked what was discussed. What i was not anticipating was the merit raise i got, which was much higher than i'd imagined. And me not even there for three months yet. No little 5% or nickel here.

And after work i took care of a few things (only one job today, y'know), & had enough daylight to go for a nice hard long walk. Which is something i've been needing more of. This job's pretty sedentary, & i think i can feel my butt get bigger by the day.

This evening i've got time to myself, time to de-fuse & relax. And i've got a date tomorrow night.

I hope yours went as well for you...

shayla

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the date. I am glad to see your getting out and enjoying your time being single again. I know its been hard on you but I am glad your getting your life back in order.

4/15/2007 04:21:00 PM  
Blogger Jolynn said...

I know what you mean about Friday the 13th. I usually have good ones as well, however this one turned out to be just okay. But I'm never afraid of them. Congrats on your raise.

4/18/2007 08:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home