Tabula Rasa

'It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society - Krishnamurti'

Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

Monday, April 23, 2007

Closure


Master was in town this weekend. We had a good time talking, discussing what'd gone on with us, what's been happening in our lives. The first evening i spent talking with him i didn't want to leave. For a few moments it was as if we were the same that we'd been months ago. Though it didn't last long. And the second evening was much as the same. Just talking about things, the movie '300', the historical inaccuracies and why they were put into place.

A friend of mine asked me later about it, why i'd even gone. Closure, that's why i went, why i talked to him. We had a good time together, got a great deal accomplished on both ends of the spectrum. But we've in many ways moved on. Though i'm still welcome back at any time. Which at some level is nothing short of astounding.

He asked me if i was happy. I told him that happiness right now is not a priority. Right now my concern is re-establishing myself and my life. Which is going very well.

Times and people and circumstances change. We've both moved on in our lives. And i for one am enjoying it. Though at the same time, i desperately wish i could go back to the way we were. A good friend of mine said once the other day, 'the honeymoon lasts three months, then life takes over'. Well, we had a good bit longer than three months. And they were the happiest of my life. But now it's definitely time to move on. I'm still standing by my conviction of taking care of my education i ever commit with another man.

Though if there was a way to turn it all back, i'd do it all over again. And not change a thing. The time spent with him is something i'll treasure forever.

It's time to move on, though.

shayla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home